Take Progesterone and avoid Estrogens
for the Antidote to Adenomyosis
Summary for Helping to get Rid of Adenomyosis
Dr. Lee believes that adenomyosis
is caused by excess estrogen, estrogen dominance. Not only that, but the synthetic estrogens
have diiferent effects compared to Natural Estrogen. The solution to the disease is to take progesterone
and avoid estrogen intake. Estrogen may come in the form of birth control pills, hormone replacement, herbs, foods
or synthetic chemicals that mimic estrogen. Progesterone opposes the effect of estrogen and resensitizes the body's
estrogen receptors back to normal.
by Elizabeth Smith, M.D.
- Use a progesterone cream with 500-1000
mg of natural progesterone per ounce.
- For the first 3-5 months use one to one half
ounces of cream per week; this is about one half (1/2) or one (1) teaspoon per day. This comes out to 60 mg/day
of Natural Progesterone for treatment of adenomyosis.
- Rub the cream on any part of the body that
has good circulation before bed time - beasts, neck, chest, legs, arms, thighs, soles of the feet, or back.
- After, the uterus and adenomyosis reverts to normal after
3-12 months, use one or one half ounce of cream per month to maintain a healthy uterus. Your mission is to find the
minimum amount of Natural Progesterone that works. This comes out to 20 mg/day
of Natural Progesterone. If you are a heavy woman with much body fat you may need to mainain yourself on two oz/month
or 40 mg/day.
- Apply the cream during the three weeks before
menses for 21 days, if premenopausal. Thus, apply the cream from days 6-26 assuming day 1 is the first day of your period.
- Use a saliva test to monitor progesterone
levels; not a blood test.
- If you have a lot of body fat, the progesterone
must be soaked up by the body fat first before getting to your body. You may need a higher dose to maintain a healthy
uterus and get rid of adenomyosis.
- If the adenomyosis gets worse, STOP the progesterone, Cut out all
xenoestrogens strictly, and THEN start the Natural Progesterone 1-2 months later.
- Vitamin E 600 IU/day before bedtime
- Magnesium 300 mg/day
- Vitamin B6 50 mg/day
- Take indole-3-carbonol (I3C) 200 mg twice a day or Diindolylmethane (DIM) 600-1200 mg per day. DIM
is preferred since DIM does not require conversion in the
stomach acid like I3C. I3C has dizziness, nausea and vomiting in higher doses, but DIM does NOT. Get an easily absorbable form perhaps from Allergy Research Group. Both
speed excretion of estradiol. DIM increases the metabolism of estradiol and lowers the estradiol levels. Excess estradiol lead to adenomyosis But DIM is the superior choice.
Avoid Estrogens that Exacerbate Adenomyosis
- Cut the dosage of hormone replacement estrogen
immediately to 1/2 of your normal dose while taking progesterone.
- DISCONTINUE estrogen supplements altogether
over a period of 3-4 months.
- DO NOT stop estrogen suddenly or HOT
FLASHES will be the result.
- Do not use birth control pills; use a condom
without spermicide instead.
- HOT PLASTIC in contact with food is VERY
BAD!!! Use glass or ceramics whenever possible to store food and water. Heat up your
food using a glass or ceramic bowl covered with dish. When plastic is heated, it diffuses very rapidly into food.
- Use a simple detergent with less chemicals;
Nature Clean is a good choice for both laundry detergent and dish washing detergent. Natural Value found at Whole
Foods Market may be another good choice. Detergent cannot be fully rinsed from your clothes and is easily absorbed
through the skin. This is an easy change to make.
- Use Condoms without spermicide for Birth
control instead of Birth Control Pills. Use Natural Progesterone instead of HRT.
- In general, the hormones taken orally are
first pass metabolized by the liver 80%-90%. However, when these hormones are applied to the skin, the hormones
are directly absorbed by the body. Thus, any skin dose is 10 times that of an oral dose. The vast majority of skin
lotions and creams use the parabens as a preservative. Avoid them at all costs. Instead apply a vegetable oil right
after a shower to hydrate the skin and lock in the moisture. Check
your natural progesterone cream and make sure it does not contain Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Butyl Paraben,
or any of the Parabens.
No Caffeine. Caffeine increases estradiol by 70%. No Coffee. Coffee is thought to be estrogenic.
The very important
changes to make are do NOT eat HOT plastic with food. Change your laundry
detergent, no fabric softener, change your lotions, soaps, shampoos, and
makeup. No coffee. No caffeine (no colas, no tea, etc.) No Coffee.
- Avoid Synthetic Chemicals - Read Healthy Living in a Toxic World by Cynthia Fincher Ph.D..
- Simple Soap is a safe choice for shampoo
and a body soap.
- Use natural pest control not pesticides.
- Don't use herbicides; use a cup of salt
in a gallon of vinegar.
- Buy hormone free meats to eat.
- Buy "Organic" produce, produce
grown without pesticides, herbicides or synthetic fertilizer or hormones.
Avoid Selected Dangerous Phytoestrogens
- Avoid Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, and
- Avoid Sunflower Seeds, Red Clover Tea,
Camomille Tea, Alfalfa Sprouts, Queen Anne's lace (wild carrot), Pomegranate, Fennel,Licorice, Red Clover, Yucca,
Hops (Beer) and Motherwort.
- Avoid Phytoestrogens that block and interfere
with the action of Natural Progesterone. Avoid Bloodroot, Ocotillo, Mandrake, Oregano, Damiana, Pennyroyal, Verbenna,
Nutmeg, Tumeric, Yucca, Thyme, Calamus rt., Red Clover, Goldenseal, Licorice, Mistletoe, Cumin, Fennel, Camomille,
Readjust your Thyroid Medication
- Cut back the dosage of your thyroid medication,
if your T3 and T4 is normal by laboratory measurements.
- After 2-3 months of progesterone use, it
may be possible to completely eliminate your thyroid supplements.
Do Not Take Synthetic Progestins
- Do not take synthetic progestins such as
Megestrol and Provera.
- These synthetic progestins will compete
with progesterone receptor binding sites and compete with progesterone rendering progesterone useless.
- Immediately lower the dose by 1/2 and lower
it more the second month. By the third month the progestin may be completely stopped.
If No effect is felt after 2 months of
Use - Take a saliva progesterone test
- Less than 1% of patients do NOT absorb progesterone
well through the skin.
- Oral progesterone or sublingual progesterone
(prescription) may be taken 200-400 mg/day or Maca 4-6 capsules/day (each capsule approx. 500 mg) instead.
- Make sure the progesterone cream is formulated
- Avoid xenoestrogens.